Monday 27 December 2010

Christmas

Me again ^_^ Just felt like popping in and saying I haven't actually died. No, I've been busy with Christmas (like everyone else) That and university which is the biggest mistake of my life, no exaggeration, oh and I've been feeling ill. Wow, what an awesome December lol. No, christmas for me was awesome ^_^

However I sort of got me thinking about stuff, stuff being video games. And I guess I got all nostalgic. See it was Christmas when i got my first ever gaming console in the form of the PS1. I have a lot of love for that console. I was 12 at the time and had never been that interested in video games or computers (partially because when I was growing up we had neither) But suddenly, rather out of the blue as I hadn't actually asked for it or anything even similar to it. However I unwrapped the Playstation and was suddenly really happy at this odd gift. I honestly think several parents had got together over this as a friend at school got one and a girl on my street did all for the same christmas.

The first game I played on my shiny new PS1 was Croc: Legend of the Gobbo's (a review coming shortly) But initially that lasted about half an hour as I couldn't get him to run striaght so I turned my attention to Theme Park.

And there I was, Christmas day, in my room playing video games with my family downstairs, and not much has changed lol. Although then I did abide by the 1 hour rule whereby I only played on it for an hour before having a break. The 12 hours I clocked on Final Fantasy XIII with just a break for tea show that eventually that rule went out of the window lol.

But you see, I was completely hooked on games back then. I think there was a far higher calibre of games out for the PS1 and the N64 than we have now on the Xbox360 and PS3. I loved gettign the Playstaion magazine, playign the demo discs and reading the reviews, now it's all FPS's and sports games that I really don't give a shit about. Yes the graphics are good, but I really have no desire to feel like I'm actually blowing a guy up. I'd much rather be leaping from platform to platform trying to find the next little furball I needed to rescue.

Anywho, my little trip down memory lane is over. Thanks for joining me on that lol. Another review should be coming shortly but right now I have a princess to rescue on my NDS.
Till next time
Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment