Thursday 2 June 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2

So the blog is still alive, despite my obvious absence of late. University is to blame as my final year project damn near killed me. But it’s done now and I can continue with this ^_^

Anywho, today won’t be a review, rather news on the gaming world. I’m sure by now it’s rather obvious that I am in fact a rather big fan of the Final Fantasy franchise. I love it ^_^ And, despite it’s flaws, XIII was a pretty decent game. So imagine my excitement when I discover that they’re making a Final Fantasy XIII-2. Ecstatic doesn’t quite cover it.

So this trailer has been around on the net for a couple of months now and I have to say that Lightning looks pretty kick ass in her new costume:



But today, with E3 just around the corner, I found out some new info and had to share it ^_^ Square Enix have released something akin to the plot of the game with this little extract from their site:

‘Set a few years after Lightning and the others saved Cocoon, some survivors have decided to start over by rebuilding on Gran Pulse. Lightning, however, is nowhere to be found and thought dead by many, but Serah believes otherwise. When her town is suddenly overrun by monsters, a mysterious man named Noel appears to save her. Together, the two set off to find Lightning…’

Can’t say I’m over the moon at hearing that whiny little Serah is now a main character. But I’m hoping they make her to be slightly tougher and lose her annoyingness that drove me mad in the first game. Seriously, she was possibly my least liked character in that game. However I have found some screenshots lurking around the internet and it appears the whiny little madam is actually going to be able to fight, that’s always a plus ^_^

So this Noel guy looks interesting to say the least. He sort of looks like a male Fang if you check out his clothes closely. Yet he’s not the mysterious guy fighting Lightning in the original trailer so it looks like we’ll have a couple of new characters added to the mix. But all I can say is that as long as Hope features and gets with Lightning, I will be one happy fan girl.





Pictures are taken from The Escapist Magazine website.

Pixel Princess will do it’s utmost to keep you up-to-date with info as it’s announced at E3 next week. I have my fingers crossed that this game is going to be good ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment